Some more observant souls may have noticed a regular beat of change drumming through the very core of MineGeoTech over the past 18 months. Some smaller changes and some whopping great changes.
Over the past 18 months MineGeoTech has embarked on a planned phase of continuous growth and improvement, diversifying our capabilities, strategically hiring highly experienced industry leaders, and expanding our team.
With the help of our advisory board, chaired by Craig Hook (a name probably familiar to some of you through the WA Mining Club and through the industry at large), MGT identified a five year pathway of growth and has been implementing this plan over the past 18 months.
Some achievements that may have crossed your radar are the:
- Growth of our Mining Department, headed up by Alex Biggs
- Launch of a new mining technology start-up company MineLiDAR that combines LiDAR with autonomous drone technology to help monitor wall and slope stability, movement and structural integrity in open pit and
- Growth of our MGT team by a further 30% (with more positions still to fill)
- Opening of our new offices in Perth (to fit all our new recruits)
- Formalisation of our geotechnical and mining process into our new mission statement The MGT Way
(more on that in later posts)
- Rebranding of MineGeoTech to reflect our growth to become a contemporary, skills and technology driven mining consultancy, our new website (with much more to come), and, to help create and support those last three points, the inception of our very own Marketing Department
We realise that with so many exciting activities happening and with so many amazing projects that we are working on, it is important to keep our peers, colleagues, clients and the industry at large informed about what we are working on, how we add value, what parts of our work make us proud, get us excited and bring our clients the most value. With this at front of mind we will be embarking to regularly post updates about our work, our team, the industry, and those forces that influence the industry.
To make our posts as relevant as possible it would help to know what sorts of content you would like to read from MineGeoTech. Please feel free to comment below what types of MineGeoTech or industry stories you would like to read.
If you want to know more about how we can help you directly with your mining project, reach out to us.