Join Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as he sits down with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life and talks about the ups and downs of the mining industry.
In this episode, Peter Finn talks with John Player, our Director at MineGeoTech, about how John fell in love with geotechnical engineering and what he’s learned about the different data sets that keep mining going.
We chat about:
- How John fell into geotechnical engineering
- Why he started his own company
- The value of having open conversations with clients
- How data can be used to make a real difference in our industry
- Job opportunities at MineGeoTech
- Why there are always new areas for people to explore in mining
- How MineGeoTech gives back to the newer generation of miners
- Addressing skill shortages in the industry