BEng (Mining) (Hons)
Nicole graduated from the University of Queensland in 2000 with an Honours Degree in Mining Engineering.
Nicole has more than 20 years of practical mining knowledge in evaluating open pit and underground deposits. From small versatile surface operations, to large entrenched block caves, her experience encompasses project development of varying commodities (gold, diamonds, tungsten, iron ore, mineral sands and base metals) in a variety of locations (Australia, Cambodia, Canada, Germany, Ghana, Kazakhstan, Peru, Russia, South Africa and Venezuela).
Nicole is committed to project evaluation through sustained value delivery. Each project focuses on safe, financially profitable, technically appropriate and environmentally and socially responsible extraction. Advances in innovation and technology are utilised as opportunities to increase levels of efficiency, reduce costs, improve safety and further mitigate environmental impacts to create value for our clients.
Nicole has the technical knowledge base to:
- Conduct open-pit optimisations, final/staged pit designs and schedules for Scoping to Feasibility Studies (including Ore Reserves). Including waste dump design, abandonment bund placement, equipment selection and mining cost build-ups.
- Determine underground mining methods and generate designs and scheduling options for Scoping to Feasibility Studies (including Ore Reserves). Including ventilation analysis, equipment selection and mining cost build-ups.
- Develop LOM plans that enable the safe achievement of production targets.
- Undertake project financial evaluation to determine project constraints and drivers to derive shareholder value.
- Develop project schedules to match COG or blend restrictions.
- Develop projects in ecologically sensitive areas through responsible management of environmental impacts.
- Assess environmental social governance risks and opportunities as a critical components of the project.
- Assess opportunities to lower project capital-intensive development and introduce phased production expansion.
Software competency includes Datamine, Deswik, Whittle, NPV Scheduler, Mine 2-4D, Earthworks Production Scheduler, Talpac and Microsoft Office Applications.